The new settlement of Cambourne in Cambridgeshire is now well established. The DCM Partnership have been involved in three significant developments, two in the settlement centre and one in South Cambourne. The Village Centre building forms a focal point in the settlement centre with shops and offices totalling 1815 sq m for the local community. With other buildings it frames the Market Square, the centre of the commercial area. The building was developed by Alfred McAlpine Developments and constructed under a Design and Build contract with Alfred McAlpine. The ground floor space provides small shop units with self-contained offices above with access from a private car park at the rear of the development.
The Community Centre was funded by the developers of Cambourne and constructed by Kier Marriott. Occupation took place immediately after completion with the Centre is in daily use by the various groups in Cambourne.
The Cricket Pavilion in South Cambourne also provides for community activities as well as accommodating the cricket club. SDC Construction built the pavilion and completed the external works.
The D.C.M. Partnership is continuing involvement in Cambourne with other major projects.
Construction is now complete on a Cricket Pavilion in Cambourne.